Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Here's to the New Year

It's no surprise - I fell off the blogging bandwagon. But something that may be a surprise? I'm still living low-carb. I started at the end of April, and here it is 2011, still going strong. Sure, I've lightened up a bit. Who couldn't over the holidays? But now I'm honing in on the goal.

01/04/11
Bust: 39"
Waist: 32"
Stomach: 36"
Hips: 40"
Thighs: 23"
Arms: 12"
Weight: 147 lbs

I've of course fluctuated between today and July back when I made it to my three-month weigh-in. At one point, I dipped a shallow toe into the 139s, but that was short-lived. However, considering I've begun to reintroduce certain carbs, ate far too many holiday treats and allow myself to a glass of wine (or two) on a regular basis, I'd say holding steady ain't bad!

But, a goal is a goal and I'm going to get there. I know how to get there. I have the knowledge, the willpower and the drive to do it. 135, here I come!

So, that's that for Resolution: Hit Goal Weight. As for the others for 2011, I have Resolution: Do More Fun Stuff. Oh yeah ... We moved to Austin! So now that we are in a new city where one could never truly use the words "There is nothing to doooo" I have made it a personal goal to not use those words or "I'm bored." Any Austinites have some "must-do"s to share? I want to embrace this fun city, enjoy time with my husband and friends.

And then there's Resolution: Knock Out Debt which I have high hopes for this year. We're serious and are already making progress. Lastly, there is Resolution: Take a Vacation. John and I haven't been on a vacation since our honeymoon. We plan to book a trip either for our two-year anniversary in May or around our birthdays. I'd love to go somewhere I've never been before, but the all-inclusive resorts in the Caribbean are really hard to beat when on a budget. Suggestions are welcome on this front!

A few other goals for 2011: take/post/tweet more pictures. Start making button flowers. Try more difficult-sounding recipes. And I may have another surprise or two up my sleeve. Stay tuned - who really knows what 2011 has in store!

Speaking of recipes, this became an instant favorite and it's been perfect for the holidays: Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins. I got tired of cleaning out my muffin pan each time, so last go-round I made it in a bread/loaf pan and it worked beautifully! (Just requires a bit longer bake time than muffin form.)

k

No comments:

Post a Comment